The Landrover Bennie is driving had seen better times:
- the odometer had stopped counting at 271508km
- the speedometer was not working
- the oil gauge said 'no oil'
- the temperature gauge said 'cold'
- and the battery was flat too, at least according to the gauge...
Would you like to know how to repair a bonnet without any tools? To find out what is meant by 'the African way', click on the photo to watch the instruction video.
The last half an hour was more comfortable again in a closed car, but not less scary... Somehow we also survived this part of the trip and were very grateful to be back at the lodge!
After this adventure, we continued to Etosha National Park for elephants, zebras, giraffes, rhinos and much more. Click here to see Africa's wildlife!